Bachelors of Science in Accounting and Finance - BSAF in Pakistan
Bachelors of Science in Accounting and Finance is a Four Years, 8 Semesters long Program mostly focused on Accounting, Banking, Finance, and Mathematical syllabi. BS Accounting in Pakistan is a famous career option for 2022.
What is BS Accounting and Finance
BS in Accounting is an undergraduate program that is designed to give students a solid foundation in finance and accounting which is an integral part of any business and organization. Graduates of this degree can get executive and management level jobs such as Auditors, Financial Consultants, and Financial Advisors.
Accounting is a significant, sensitive, and crucial area of an organization, therefor good financial management is very important for the business to keep growing and long-term sustainability. But with constant shifts in government policies for Tax, Auditing, and intense business competition in the market it becomes very odd to handle.
Why BS Accounting
In four year degree of BS Accounting, students will learn to understand strong financial and accounting concepts from beginning to advance. If you are planning to do CA (Chartered Accountant) or ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) with this course you can get exemption of 8 papers from ICAP in case of CA and exemption of 9 papers from ACCA.
ACCA Course, Scope in Pakistan
What you will learn in this Degree
This 8 semester-long program will help you
- To understand and develop a wide range of skills in accounting.
- To critically analyze and compare the theoretical knowledge with the practical aspects for the purpose of improving decision-making in an organization.
- Learn integrated techniques for accounting and finance which are used in evaluating the pros and cons of strategic investments.
- Understand core issues in the financial system such as ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning)
Eligibility and Admission Criteria
In order to apply for BS Accounting and Finance in various institutes of Pakistan, you must have
- 60% marks in Matriculation or an equivalent
- Intermediate with 50% Marks (FA, FSC, ICOM, FA or A-Level)
- Entry Test such as SAT-1 (Depends on Institute)
BS Accounting Subjects
This program includes majors in Accounting and Finance with additional subjects as mentioned below
- AT - Applied Taxation
- CFR1 - Corporate Financial Reporting 1
- CFR2 - Corporate Financial Reporting 2
- IF - Intermediate Finance
- ACF - Applied Corporate Finance
- Functional English
- Principles of Management
- Financial Accounting
- Quantitative Methods
- Fundamentals of Information Systems
- IT in Business
- Cost & Management Accounting
- Corporate Accounting – 1
- Statistical Inference
- Financial Risk Management
- Business Strategy
- Investment Analysis & Management
Along with these subjects, in the end, a Mandatory internship in a professional organization is also required.
Scope of BS Accounting and Finance in Pakistan
There are a bundle of opportunities for fresh graduates of BS Accounting and Finance starting from Audit, Budget Analysis, Taxation, Financial Management mentioned below
- Risk Assessment Officer
- Financial Consultant
- Accounts Officer
- Branch Accountant
- Financial broker
- Chief Financial Officer - CFO
- Assistant Finance Manager
- Internal Auditor
- Taxation Officer
- Cash Officer
Universities offering BS Accounting and Finance in Pakistan
There are many Universities offering Bachelor of Science in Accounting all around the country including both private and public institutes. some of the honorable mentions are as below
- Gomal University - D.I. Khan
- Gift University - Gujranwala
- Lahore School Of Accountancy and Finance - Lahore
- University Of Sahiwal - Sahiwal
- University Of Central Punjab - Lahore
- Allama Iqbal Open University - Islamabad
BS Accounting Fee Structure
Education is quite expensive in Pakistan and when it comes to Private Universities it becomes, even more, harder to pay hefty fees. Below is the average Fee that some institutes are charging for this program.
- UCP - PKR 970000
- UMT - PKR 1199000
- LUMS - PKR 4348160
- BAHRIA - PKR 1126400
- MINHAJ - PKR 442,000