PMS Exam Preparation Online, MCQs, Past Papers 2023
A step by step guide about Provincial Management Service Exam 2023, Find PMS Exam MCQs, related Questions, Past Papers and Interviews by former aspirants to win competitive examination.
Provincial Management Service also knew as PMS Exam that grant services by the government of Punjab, Pakistan. The PMS Exam Purpose of establishing these services to control and improve the directorate structure in the provinces by hiring only highly qualified human resources.
What is PMS Exam?
Provincial Management Service or PMS consists of government officers appointed directly in BPS-17 Grade through a competitive exam conducted by Provincial Public Service Commission Authorities as mentioned below.
- PPSC Punjab Public Service Commission in Punjab Province
- SPSC Sindh Public Service Commission in Sindh Province
- BPSC Balochistan Public Service Commission in Balochistan Province
- KPSC Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Public Service Commission in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Province
- GBPSC Gilgit Baltistan Public Service Commission in Gilgit Baltistan Province
- AJKPSC Azad Jammu & Kashmir Public Service Commission in Azad Kashmir Province
What is the Difference and Similarities between PMS and CSS Exam?
- There is no such difference in PMS and CSS Exams but, there are a few differences regarding the syllabus and groups of both the exams.
- CSS Examination is held every year regularly by Federal Public Service Commission, on contrary PMS exam is held after the government decided to acquire resources.
- An aspirant can avail only Three chances or attempts
PMS Syllabus as per PPSC
There are 6 Compulsory Subjects defined by PPSC for PMS(Provincial Management Service) exam as mentioned below
- Subject 1: English Essay (An essay on one of the several specified topics) - 100 Marks
- Subject 2: English (Functional English comprising précis writing, translation from Urdu into English, also composition and usage of idioms) - 100 Marks
- Subject 3: Urdu (Compulsory will consist of Essay Writing, Explanation of Poetic Verses) - 100 Marks
- Subject 4: Islamic Studies / Ethics for non-Muslims - 100 Marks
- Subject 5: Pakistan Studies - 100 Marks
- Subject 6: General Knowledge - 100 Marks
Selecting Optional subjects for PMS Exam is quite similar to CSS Exam but in this Test, Candidates have to select only 3 subjects each for 200 Marks.
We suggest you take notice on the list of Optional Subject mentioned on PPSC Site Here. But for our readers, we have enlisted some frequently selected Subjects
- Law 200 (Group E)
- Social Work 200 (Group F)
- Persian 200 (Group G)
PMS Age Limit
Current Age limit for PMS Exam is 21 to 30 years and 5 years of age relaxation is given to those who are in Serving Officials in Federal Government or Punjab Government. Also 10 years age relaxation is given to disabled or special persons.
Eligibility for PMS exam 2023
Any aspirant with a Graduate Degree in any discipline with minimum 2nd Division from an HEC recognized university is eligible for PMS.
PMS Exam Schedule for 2022 and 2023
PMS exam is held after arbitrary intervals. Arbitrary Intervals is defined as something that is determined by judgment or needs to do something. An example of an arbitrary decision for PMS Examination would be a decision to announce vacancies, just because the Government is the need of hiring new resources.
How to Prepare for PMS Examination
The technique to prepare English Essay and English Composition Regarding the essay, one should attempt that essay which is in your grip. So, one should not attempt that essay which is unknown to him/her. In order to get higher marks in the essay, write an essay daily within a stipulated period of time of three hours.
Passing Marks for PMS Competitive Exam
An aspirant shall have to gain 40% marks in every paper along with 50% marks in Panel Interview to be held Eligible for the position.
How to Apply for PMS Test / Exam 2023
PPSC only accepts online Applications for the PMS Examination and Applicants are required to submit applications along with PKR 1000/- Deposit Slip by the Closing Date up to 12:00 A.M. (Midnight).
If a candidate has entered wrong information while submitting the application, he/she may correct any data in the Application Form using PPSC Site, which will be available to the candidates till the Closing Date of submission of Online Applications.