Master of Business Administration - MBA in Pakistan
MBA in Pakistan is a general management degree to educate students about Finance, Human resources, and Marketing Strategies which help students to learn general management and leadership qualities.
In Pakistan, The Master of Business Administration is the abbreviation for MBA. This program is designed for students who have an interest to learn Finance, Human resources, Marketing, and Operation Management of a business. The course of MBA also broadens their view of business that includes management and leadership skills. In an MBA Degree, students can select an area of specialization that will strengthen their desired expertise.
What is MBA
It is a Post-Graduate Degree offered widely across Pakistan designed specifically for targeting Business Education. As per a recent survey conducted by "Graduate Surveys" The MBA (Master of Business Administration) is one of the most famous degrees in Pakistan with annual 200,000 graduates.
MBA is famous not only in Pakistan but also around the globe due to its demand in the market, scope, and job opportunities. Studying MBA degree helps students to learn and improve communication with professionals, Understanding Administration and Management as well as Business Models of different organizations where they will complete internships.
What you will study in MBA Degree is almost same for its major subjects but syllabus can vary as per institute.
Major Subjects in MBA
- Operation Management and Business Fundamentals
- Accounting for Managers
- Value, Cost and Innovation Management
- Applied Statistics for Business
- Law and Entrepreneurship
- Strategic HR & Leadership
- Managing the Future
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
Specialization in MBA
In Pakistan, different Universities are offering MBA in the following specialization
- MBA in Banking
- MBA in Information and Technology
- MBA in Finance
- MBA in HRM
- MBA in Marketing
- MBA in Data Analytics
- MBA Textile Management
Types of MBA in Pakistan
There are multiple types of MBA Degrees being offered in Pakistan, Many Universities are offering MBA in the following criteria with different credit hours.
- 1 Year MBA
- 2.5 Year MBA
- 3.5 Year MBA
- Executive MBA (2 Year MBA)
Difference between 1 Year MBA and 2 Year MBA and 3 Year MBA
- 1 Year MBA is designed for Bachelor graduates who have studied 14 years of education and wants to start their professional career as soon as possible and this is a fast-paced course as 1 year MBA is shorter and cheaper in terms of Fee but it is tough for students because they have to cover the entire syllabus of MBA in the minimum possible time.
- While 2 Year MBA is for those who want to explore career paths after completing MBA and gain professional experience through internships with slightly better learning as they have an additional 1 year.
- 3 Year MBA is for those students who have enough time to study everything MBA has to offer detailed lectures and internships. Total expense for 3 Year MBA is slightly higher as compared to 1 year and 2 year MBA Programs.
Associate Degree Programs in Pakistan
Admission Eligibility for MBA in Pakistan
- 3 Year MBA Eligibility
- 14 Year of Education i.e. BA/B.Sc/B.Com
- 2 Year MBA Eligibility
- 16 Year of Education i.e. BS Finance or Accounting/LLB/BBA
- Executive MBA Eligibility
- 14 Year of Education along with 4 years of professional work experience or the candidate may have 16 years of education with 2 years of work experience
- 1 Year MBA Eligibility
- Candidates with a 4 Year BS degree after the Intermediate class are eligible for a 1 Year MBA.
MBA Fee Structure in Pakistan
Learning Investment or Fee for MBA can vary from University to University and Institute Type. If you want to study MBA at GCU(Government College University), UET(University of Engineering and Technology), or any other Government Funded Institute you have to pay PKR 200,000 to PKR 300,000 while in Private Universities Fee for an MBA degree can be between PKR 400,000 to PKR 700,000.