University of Management and TechnologyLahore, Punjab
UMT Scholarship 2021
UMT offers various Scholarships to bright, intelligent, and needy students to fulfill their dreams of Education in 2021. Step by step detail to avail UMT Scholarship.
The scholarship is a grant to support the financial expenses of a student's education. The scholarship may be availed on a merit basis as well as on the financial condition of the Student.
Types of Scholarships at UMT
UMT does offer multiple Scholarships at different levels of Education for different types of candidates. Following Scholarships are available in UMT.
- Merit Scholarships
- Need-Based Financial Aid
- Remote Area Scholarship
- Kinship Discount
- Alumni Scholarships
- Dr. Hassan Sohaib Murad Ph.D. Fellowship
- WILL Scholarship
- Corporate Group Discount
- Labor Quota (Punjab Worker Welfare Board's Scholarship)
- Special Person Scholarships
- Discount of Children of Shuahada (Martyrs)
- Discount for Government Teacher's Children
- Outstanding Sportsman and Extracurricular Scholarship
- Rules Governing Financial aid and Scholarship
Merit Scholarships Criteria at UMT
University will provide Scholarships to those students who managed to get high scores in early education such as Matriculation and Intermediate.
Merit Scholarships for Bachelor Studies in UMT
Discount in Fee will be given for Bachelor Studies on the following basis set by UMT Administration.
Scholarship Criteria on the Basis of Intermediate
To get Merit Scholarships for Bachelor Studies in UMT applicants must have the following percentages in F.A / F.Sc / I.Com / ICS
- Position Holders will get a 100% Discount on Fee
- Students with 95% marks and above Discount in Fee 90%
- Students with marks between 90% to 94.99% will get an 80% Discount on Fee
- Students with marks between 85% to 89.99% will get a Discount in Fee 70%
- Students with marks between 80% to 84.99% will get a Discount in Fee 50%
- Students with marks between 75% to 79.99% will get a Discount in Fee 35%
- Students with marks between 70% to 74.99% will get a Discount in Fee 25%
- Students with marks between 65% to 69.99% will get a Discount in Fee 15%
- Students with marks between 60% to 64.99% will get a Discount in Fee 10%
Scholarship Criteria on the Basis of BA, BSc or ADP (Associate Degree Program)
- To get Merit Scholarships for 4-Year BS Degree in UMT applicants must have the following CGPA or Percentage (if applicable) in BA, BSc, or ADP
Students with Academic CGPA / Percentage will be able to get Financial Award on Tuition Fees as
With 4.00 CGPA 60% Discount
- With 3.75 to 3.99 CGPA or 90% to 100% marks will get 40% Discount
- With 3.50 to 3.74 CGPA or 80% to 89% marks will be awarded 20% Off
- With 3.25 to 3.49 CGPA will get a 10% waiver
Scholarship Criteria on the basis of 16 years of Education
Merit Scholarships for 18 Year Education MS, MPhil Programs, To get this The scholarship candidate must have 16 years of education with the following CGPA
- Academic CGPA of 3.75 to 4.00 or 90% to 100% marks will get 40% Financial Award on Tuition Fee
- Academic CGPA of 3.50 to 3.74 will get a 30% Financial Award on Tuition Fee
- Academic CGPA of 3.25 to 3.49 or 80% to 89% marks will get a 20% Financial Award on Tuition Fee
- Academic CGPA of 3.00 to 3.24 will get a 10% Financial Award on Tuition Fee
Need-Based Financial Aid at UMT
Like many private institutes in Pakistan UMT is also offering Qarza-e-Hasna to deserving students who are needy and can not afford to study.
UMT give 100% Need-Based Financial Assistance to students after investigating the evidence provided by applicants of their financial condition. After completing the degree student who avails Qarza-e-Hasna (Loan) has to return in 5 years of installments.
This pattern is in practice in North American and European Countries under Student Mortgage Schemes. Where State takes responsibility for Student's Education Expenses and After graduating Student has to return Mortgage in installments.
Remote Area Scholarship in UMT
University of Management and Technology offers Up to 50% off in tuition fees under Remote Area Scholarship.
Students from FATA, Balochistan, Gilgit Baltistan, and Azad Jammu, and Kashmir where they don't have easy access to University Education may apply in this category to be considered.
applicants must also have a minimum of 65% marks or 2.5 CGPA in the previous qualification and provide Domicile and other required documents.
Kinship Scholarship Policy
The meaning of Kinship is Blood Relationship, This Kinship Scholarship is given to those whose family members are currently studying or are part of the Alumni Group.
Under the Kinship Scholarship, students will get 20% in tuition fees.
Alumni Scholarship at UMT
Alumni or Alumnus of an educational institute such as a College or University is a group of two or more former students. So If you are interested in Alumni Scholarship in UMT you must have some sort of connection with Alumnus to avail following
- 50% off in tuition fee if they had CGPA of more than 3 for Undergraduate Programs
- For MS/MPhil Programs Alumni must be from BS 4 Years to get
- 65% Scholarship if CGPA is more than 3.5
- 50% Scholarship if CGPA is between 3 and 3.5
For Ph.D., Alumni needs to score More than 3.75 CGPA to avail 50% Scholarship, or 3.5 to 3.7 to avail 40% Scholarship.
Dr. Hassan Sohaib Murad Ph.D. Fellowship
Dr. Hassan Sohaib is the founding father of ILM Trust and the owner of UMT. This Scholarship is for full-time students who are Outstanding and actively passionate researchers. If selected Ph.D. Students have to teach 2 courses per semester in the 2nd and 3rd year of Ph.D.
This Scholarship offers the following
- PKR 30,000 Stipend for up to three years
- Free of Cost Tuition
Eligibility Criteria for Ph.D. Fellowship
Eligibility criteria for Dr. Hassan Sohaib Murad Ph.D. The scholarship is mentioned below
- Applicants must have 18 years of Education i.e. MS/MPhil with good grades.
- Less than 30 years old
- Submit a Comprehensive research plan (for your Ph.D.)
WILL - Women Institute of Learning and Leadership is a non-profit organization with the aim to provide leadership education programs in Pakistan.
Under WILL Scholarship, eligible female candidates will be getting a 35% discount on Tuition fees for BBA and MBA programs.
Corporate Group Discount
The applications processed by UMT's Corporate Linkages will be given 30% off in Tuition fee If a Corporate (Private Company) nominates more than 3 candidates.
Labor Quota (Punjab Worker Welfare Board's Scholarship)
Special Person Scholarships
50% Scholarship will be given to all disabled students.
Discount of Children of Shuahada (Martyrs)
Students who belong to the Martyrs of Pakistan Army, Police, Security Forces, or any Government office will be able to get a 50% waiver in Tuition Fees.
Discount for Government Teacher's Children
Applicants whose parents are Government Teacher will be able to get a 20% tuition fee waiver.
Outstanding Sportsman and Extracurricular Scholarship
A student who is exceptionally good with sports or Extracurricular activities will be able to get 100% off in Tuition fees at UMT.